We have the following two St Luke’s Radiology Job Vacancy.
Post Title: Radiographer
Hours: 1 full day or 2 half days per week.
Salary: £33,176.00 pro-rata
Accountable to: Dr. David Wilson Consultant Radiologist/Care Quality Commission (CQC) Registered Manager
The post holder will be a qualified radiographer, able to provide the highest standard of patient care and be able to work autonomously and be accountable for their own professional actions, acting in accordance with the Society of Radiographers Code of Conduct and Ethics.
They will be responsible for maintaining continuing professional development as required by the Health and Care Professions Council.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to train in the ultrasound room and develop professional skills within a clinical environment alongside the Consultant Radiologist.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To act as an Operator under the IR(ME)R regulations.
- To work with the Radiation Protection Supervisor ensuring that records are up to date and accurate and the Quality Assurance programme is completed as required by the Radiation Protection Advisor.
- To participate in clinical research.
- To contribute to practice development in reaction to the findings of audit and recent evidence.
- To ensure locum clinical staff are appropriately qualified and trained.
- To act as assistant to the Radiologist in the Ultrasound procedures room in the absence of the Radiology Assistant.
- To assist the CQC registered manager in maintaining the essential standards required by the CQC.
- To assist with writing clinical Policies and Procedures.
- To arrange the maintenance agreements for the clinical equipment and arrange service dates.
- To assist the Radiology Clinical manager to undertake audits.
- To provide a Radiation protection report at the Improvement and Quality meeting.
- To comply with all St Luke’s Radiology policies and procedures.
- To maintain strict confidentiality of personal information relating to patients and staff.
- To be able to use the functions of the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) appropriate to the role.
- To act as support worker for clinical lists
- Import/export data via the Image Exchange Portal (IEP)
- Assist the clinical manager to ensure patients for internal appointments and external MRI scans are booked and reported in a timely manner.
|Knowledge , skills and experience||Essential||Desirable|
|BSc in Radiography||√|
|Evidence of CPD relevant to the post||√|
|Evidence of Post-graduate qualifications||√|
|Demonstration of competency in the radiology clinical equipment||√|
|Management Diploma or equivalent experience||√|
|Good oral and written communication skills||√|
|Good knowledge of Word and Excel||√|
|Good presentation skills including Powerpoint||√|
|Personal attributes||Self motivated and able to work on own initiative||√|
|Able to organise and prioritise workload||√|
|Able to think logically and solve problems||√|
|Able to stay calm and manage difficult situations||√|
|Excellent interpersonal skills||√|
|To enjoy working in a small team and maintain a good team spirit||√|
|To have a flexible approach to work responding to service needs||√|
|To maintain a professional attitude at all times when dealing with patients, referrers, visitors and colleagues.||√|
|Physical skills||Be physically able to undertake the role with any suitable adaptions||√|
This job description aims to describe the main day-to-day roles; however other duties may be delegated from time to time. This job description is reviewed during an annual appraisal.
Consultant Radiologist Dr. David Wilson
Immediate start – application deadline 31/09/2021
Post title: Clerical Assistant
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Accountable To: Dr. David Wilson, Consultant Radiologist
Line Manager: Clinical Manager
The main duties and responsibilities will be divided between clerical and clinical duties as directed by the Clinical Manager.
- To assist with all office-related duties such as answering the telephone; opening incoming post and distributing to clinical and administrative staff as required; scanning and filing documents; taking and recording payments. liaising with other departments within St Luke’s Hospital.
- To work closely with the other St Luke’s team members to provide a first-class service to patients and referrers.
- To assist with maintaining St Luke’s Radiology Care Quality Commission accreditation.
- Deal with patient inquiries in a sympathetic and confidential manner and maintain a high standard of customer care at all times.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Answer all communication including telephone, email, and face-to-face queries, in a timely manner and action as appropriate.
- Attend departmental meetings and training as required to ensure that you maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of procedures.
- Any other duties at the request of the clinical manager, which may be needed to fulfill the objectives of the post.
- The workload split will vary from week to week.
- To train as cover for the Radiology Assistant as required, to the Radiologists during ultrasound clinical and research. This includes – collecting patients from the waiting room; checking identity and demographics; caring for the patient during the procedure; laying trollies for interventional procedures; recording drugs used; ensuring the patient has the appropriate post-procedure documentation; cleaning the ultrasound probe between patients; ensuring the room is clean and tidy for the next patient and at the end of the day.
- Personal protective equipment: staff working within the hospital must wear face coverings onsite and full personal protective equipment whilst undertaking clinical procedures. We expect high standards of handwashing and undertake audits of these procedures.
- Staff working within a clinical setting will perform sterile techniques of which training will be provided if needed.
- Staff to Attend compulsory training in emergency procedures and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Opportunity to train as a healthcare assistant issuing a formal certificate of training.
- Adhere to St Luke’s Radiology Policies and Procedures
The post holder is expected to dress in smart, clean attire (top and trousers provided) and wear shoes suitable for a clinical environment.
- This job description aims to describe the main day-to-day roles; however other duties may be delegated from time to time. The job description is reviewed during annual appraisals.
|Knowledge, skills and experience||Essential||Desirable||Assessed by|
|Good oral and written communication skills||√||Test and interview|
|Accurate data entry||√||Test|
|Previous experience in a similar role||√||Interview|
|Basic knowledge of medical terminology||√||Interview|
|Good basic IT skills (Word and Excel)||√||Test|
|Excellent interpersonal skills||√||Interview|
|Enjoys working in a small team and contributes to maintaining a good team spirit||√||Interview|
|Maintains a professional attitude at all times when dealing with patients, referrers, visitors, and colleagues.||√||Interview|
|Able to stay calm and manage difficult situations||√||Interview|
|Completes tasks according to agreed timetables||√||Interview|
|Has a flexible approach to work, responding to service needs||√||Interview|
|Physical skills||Be physically able to undertake the role with any reasonable adaptions||√||Interview|
Dr. David Wilson Consultant Radiologist August 2021
Please send your CV and supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 06/09/21